Re: Spitfire wheels

To: b.kacenas@worldnet.att.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire wheels
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 12:27:06 EDT
In a message dated 00-05-13 22:09:58 EDT, b.kacenas@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< Also I have heard that the wheels for a TR7 and at least one model of Lotus
 will fit a Spitfire.  Is this information correct? >>

I can't comment on Lotus wheels but I have TR7 wheels (5.5) on my Spit.  The
wheels look great but, unfortunately, I think a PO installed competition
springs which lowered the car to the point that the front tires will rub the
bonnet wheel lip opening on reasonably hard cornering especially if even a
slight bump is encountered during the cornering.

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (restoration underway)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (getting better with each drive)