Re: marques

To: "G Spencer" <graham_spens@hotmail.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: marques
From: Glenn Rattmann <k6na@cts.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 19:53:08 -0700
At 05:00 PM 05/11/2000 +0000, you wrote:
>  I will say this, I get looks from two types of people, guys who remember
>the marque, and young (approx. 10 years old) kids.  I love to see the young
>kids look and they often say something like "Is that a race car; That's a
>cool car" or something like that.  There's a young boy across the street

Graham,
Everything is relative, as you are finding out as you get older.  Here you
are, only about 30, and you already have that neat feeling when you see
interest in these old cars by youngsters.  I am a "geezer" of 54, and for
me, reading about you (at 30) having TWO of them gives ME a great feeling,
too!  So keep up the interest, and enjoy.

My first car was a used 61 TR-3A, in 1965, when I was 20.  A little later
there was a TR-4A, and then in spring of 75 I bought my first NEW car, a
74.5 TR-6.  Still have it.  Also bought another one to restore last year,
for my son who is 20.  So I have never been without a TR of some sort, even
though there have been lots of other cars along the way, too.  It's too
late now to change, so I expect my wife will bury me someday in a BIG hole,
along with "that damned TR".

Cheers,
Glenn Rattmann  San Diego
74.5 TR-6 X 2