RE: Restore or buy restored.

To: "'TRIUMPH LIST'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Restore or buy restored.
From: "Randall Young" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 11:05:56 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Ken :

Restored cars are almost never worth what it cost to restore them, even
without including labor.

So, if what you want is the end product, ie a restored car, then it makes
more sense to buy one already restored.

Of course, you will need to be very careful that you are buying what you
want, and not some cobbled together wreck with a shiny coat of paint, but
such things do exist, and can be found.

Personally, I regard the trip as much more fun than the destination, so I
would rather do the work myself, even if it costs more that way.  I don't
want a 'trailer queen' anyway, but a car that's fun to drive, and I can
drive anywhere.

It all boils down to what makes you happy.

Randall