Spray wand - compressor attachment question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spray wand - compressor attachment question
From: Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 09:03:10 -0400

How well do the inexpensive (saw a Campbell Housefield for $13)  spray wand
compressor attachments (that siphon solvent) work.  The intended application is
to wash down engine compartments and undersides of my current LBC and future
project cars.  While I could drive my car to the local pressure wand style car
wash, I certainly do not want to be laying on my back under the car hosing off
the accumulated oil and grime - I can only imagine how filthy I would be
afterwards and certainly not willing to get back into the car until I have
showered and changed clothes.   Are these compressor spray wand attachments a
functional, low cost substitute for a self contained pressure washer - a tool
that I otherwise have no great need for and don't care to find a storage spot
for.