TR6 - Front suspension Upper A-Arms

To: "Picard, Pierre" <Pierre@incognito.com>
Subject: TR6 - Front suspension Upper A-Arms
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 15:04:51 -0400
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Picard, Pierre"
>Presently rebuilding my front suspension. When it came to installing the
top
A-arms, I noticed two arms had R stamped on them. Having only noticed this
during reassembly, I looked at my donor TR6 and found  the front A-arm on
the left side had a L stamped on it and the front right side one stamped
with R.

Now my instincts tell me that the stamped piece is L for left and R for
right and that I have two right A-arms on the frame being rebuilt. Are they
interchangeable? Should I remove the  A-arm stamped L from the donor and
switch it with one of the R A-arms for my left side suspension?

And any advice on grease or lubricant for poly bushings?

<

Pierre,

By all means switch them.  They may be reversable but since you already
have the right parts why not use them?  I have one better, though:  When I
put my TR6 together I found I had two right hand trunions (and verticle
links)!  I had to buy a left hand suspension part to do it right.  I guess
that is why my car handled squirrelly.  (I know, I know, it's the driver)

On the poly busings use lithium grease, antisieze or silicone grease.  If
you put them together dry they will squeek like mine do.  (Great, I went
from squirrelly to mousy!)

Dave