RE: Shorrock super charger etc.

To: "'Chris De Wet'" <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Shorrock super charger etc.
From: Davies William-qswi646 <QSWI646@email.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 10:03:39 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
> A few questions :
> Are these prices fair ?

About £500 for a Shorrock sounds reasonable.

> Will any of these items fit and be correct for either a 1956
> TR 3 , 1963
> Spitfire 4 ( Mk1 ) , 1966 Spitfire Mk 2 , Herald 12/50 or a
> 1200 Herald
> Coupe ?

The Shorrock C75B is suitable for smaller engines (can't remember what max
recommended capacity was) and I have seen several fitted to Herald 1200s.
The larger Shorrock would be suitable for the TR engine - I think it's model
number is something like C142B, but I could be wrong. The fact it's listed
as suitable for an MGTC suggests it's a C75B. A friend has one which was
fitted to his Herald 1200, and it was apparently pretty good at demolishing
1st gear! The main problem he had was the mountings apply a lot of strain on
the water pump mounting bolts.
        I'm sure Léon Guyot will give you better answers about Shorrock
Superchargers - his experience is more direct than mine!
        Cheers,
                Bill Davies.

                            This Message sent by:
    ^================^
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupé Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupé
\________________________/  1961 Herald 1200 Coupé
 | |                  | |   1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
 |_|                  |_|   1973 Spitfire MkIV
                            1959 Standard Atlas Pickup