Re: Transmission Bearings and a small plug

To: Mark Macy <ohioaviation@yahoo.com>, List Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Transmission Bearings and a small plug
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 20:09:43 -0400
Mark;

Whereas I have no direct experience with the exact bearings that you wrote
about, I can say that I've worked on Japanese trannys and that the quality
of their bearings is generally excellent. A 1984 Ford Bronco II that I
owned had a Japanese trans in it. I had a b(**^% of a time getting the
correct bearing from the Ford dealer, but that's a story for another time.
I'd be comfortable putting the Moss-supplied bearing in my car.
BTW, I'm only 20 miles away in Springfield OH and while I'm no expert on
TR3's, my first car was a '59 TR3. My current car is a TR6,  but I still
have a big soft spot for the TR3.

Jeff Johnson
''76 TR6
And now time for the commercial break- I use Doug's Part's 606 Pub St.
Galloway Oh ph. 614-878-6373
Doug is a knowledgeable and very helpful Triumph person and a Moss
re-seller who can get you good prices.
You'll see him at most of the area shows. ( Hope he gets that hideous
silver TR6 of his painted soon!)