Re: Carburetor Question

To: triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carburetor Question
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 13:18:21 -0400
David Lee wrote:

> Hello all.
> The past week has been a busy one for the TR4.  I installed a sound system
> and had to rebuild my ammeter.  Both have some pictures and worked out very
> well.  Ill put those on my page later.
>
> carbs till tonight.  During adjusting I discovered the carbs are set about
> right during idle.  But they seem lean at any other time.  Basically it
> idles smooth but when you blip the throttle or start accelerating the car
> sputters.

I'm no expert, but it sounds like you've got air leaking in somewhere
downstream of the jet.  Try squirting some heavy oil around linkage
bushings and manifold gaskets, that may momentarily seal the leak(s).
It should be pretty easy to spot a change if you have a colortune and a
friend to watch it while you hit each potential leak site in turn.

Are you sure you've got the right needle and jet installed?  Have you
dropped in a performance cam?  That'd require require some mixture
tweaks too.

--
Douglas Frank  Compaq Computer Corp.  Friendship, n.
ZKO            110 Spit Brook Rd.     A ship big enough to carry two in