Re: Thanks and another ? re fan belt

To: "Gary Coulter" <gcoulter@home.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Thanks and another ? re fan belt
From: "Mike Barron" <jmikebarron@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 08:48:19 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
It seems I remember someone making the suggestion that inserting a
jack under the engine, and forcing it upward     A LITTLE BIT  will
move it enough to allow the insertion of the fan belt.   Got to be
careful though, and use wood between the jack and the oil pan, and
just raise it enough.....Maybe someone else on the list can confirm or
deny this.    On the TR3, we were replacing the radiator and water
pump this spring, and my compadre had been working for 15 or 20
minutes trying to get the new belt on,  (we cut the old one off, but
that's another story) while I was out of the garage.  When I came back
in, I heard loud and imaginative swearing,  and noticed his problem.
I immediately donned my superman cape, and turned the steering wheel
all the way to the left.  The belt went on right away.