Fraternity of Triumph owners

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fraternity of Triumph owners
From: DShoop7572@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 23:00:56 EDT
    I probably shouldn't go here but... I aquired a TR4a against probably all
good judgement because the cars touch a part of me,maybe reliving my
youth,maybe trying to recapture those great memories of picking up my
girlfriends, going to the local A+W Rootbeer stand etc.. I have always had a
great appreciation for British cars and motorcycles ( I had a BSA Hornet). We
know we really can't go back, but getting the car looking nice and out on the
streets again is just a great feeling for me. I remember giving the peace
sign to other British car owners as we passed on the road. Maybe we had not
alot in common, but we knew that at least we were into the cars. There was
the friendly scorn of MG's but all in all they were just like us.
    I really don't want to know everything about people on the list, I just
like knowing that I have a place to go for info and people who love the cars
and want to keep them alive. I'm not preaching, but I guess I would like to
see bad vibes kept to a minimum. If you must, don't feel everyone wants to be
apart of your confrontations. Yes I do have a delete key and yada yada yada.
    Just remember, "from a distance you look just like a friend even though
we are at war." Lets keep the distance when it benefits us.

            Hey, I was bowling tonite , had a few beers.......excuuuuuse me!!!

            Thanks to all who politely respond to my questions

                                        Dave