Re: gasket glue?

To: Douglas Frank <frank@imaphub.zk3.dec.com>
Subject: Re: gasket glue?
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 09:31:16 -0400
Cc: big_lbc list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Doug,

The manual and previous experience say dont use anything! What is recommended is
to soak the cork gasket in warm water for about an hour before assembly. Make
sure the gasket is the correct shape and re-assemble carefully. Dont overtighten
but tighten evenly. I follow this procedure and never have a leak. Removal is
never a problem.
Good Luck,

Bob Labuz
1958 TR3A