ANY 5-speed TRs out there???

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: ANY 5-speed TRs out there???
From: Canada <canada@voyageronline.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 00 17:25:08 -0800
Last week, I asked the list if anyone had experience with the 5-speed
conversion for a TR6.  Iım considering either that or adding overdrive to my
'76.  Havenıt heard anything back on the 5-speed, but got a few very helpful
notes on the OD conversion (Thanks, very much).  So I assume TR6 conversions
are extremely rare.  (I did hear, indirectly, about one attempt on a TR6 in
which alterations had to be made to the exhaust pipes and, reportedly, the
owner is abandoning the project.)

So I guess the next thing to ask is about converting other TRs.  Has ANYBODY
coverted to a 5-speed on a TR2-6 or know of anyone who has?  My original note
is below which outlines what I hope to learn.

Thanks very much!

Ian
CF57345

I'm considering either adding overdrive to a non-overdrive 76 TR6, or doing the
5-speed Toyota conversion.  Has anyone had experience with the 5-speed and, if
so, how satisfied are you?  I can do the math and figure out which is cheaper,
but if they're close, I'd like to use whichever will give me the best mix of
reliability, strength, simplicity and lower highway rpms.

Many thanks.

Ian
CF57345