Re: Wheel spacer clarification

To: Silvestre Ortiz <silvestre.ortiz@cditx.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheel spacer clarification
From: "Michael Thompson" <miket@urgrgcc.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 23:23:17 -0500
The spacer goes between the hub and adapter. The purpose for cutting the
studs off is so they don't hit the wheel. As for a TR6 the way to figure it
out is: First take the wheel off, then put your adapter on with the correct
nuts. The nuts for the adapters are much smaller, so they clear the inside
of the wire wheel. Now only thread them far enough so that there is no bolt
sticking through the nut. Then pull the adapter out against the nuts and
measure the space left over between the drum and adapter. You only need to
do one wheel as they will all be the same. Make sure your adapters have the
same measurements as mine before you use my measurements. As for torque, I
have never used a torque wrench to measure it. I just make it tight enough.
I hope this clears up any questions.
Cheers,
Mike