Re: New TR6 engine's oil pump won't prime

To: "Ronald A. Dowty" <rdowty@jspp.com>
Subject: Re: New TR6 engine's oil pump won't prime
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@lineone.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 18:37:40 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Ronald
Looking at the oil flow diagram in the 2500PI manual you will be better off
using the pressure relief valve, push
the oil can spout right in, or the oil will run straight down the return
to sump passage. I will send a copy of this diagram if you require. If you
get the spout in the right place it should prime fairly easily, to avoid
this problem in future pack the pump with petroleum jelly on assembly.

Graham.