Re: TR6 carbon canister renewal?

To: msecrest@erols.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 carbon canister renewal?
From: Glenn Rattmann <k6na@cts.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 17:54:11 -0800
At 05:06 PM 01/22/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>As I recall, it's just a press-fit inside the canister.  It should pop out
>with a bit of prying.

Thanks, Martin, you are correct.  The plastic frame holding the screen has
smallish tabs around its perimeter which snap into slots in the canister
body... invisible until I cleaned off the oily grime.  Popped out the
screen and dumped out the carbon bits.  At the pet store I bought a
one-pound bag of carbon pellets (aquarium filter stuff) for $6 and used
about 2/3 of it to renew the canister.  I also installed a new anti-run-on
valve which mounts just below the canister.  The valve was the real reason
behind this exercise for the student.  Still has some run-on and occasional
backfire so now I guess it's back to carburetor school...!

Glenn
74.5 TR6 X 2  (one since new)