RE: Paint, Upholstery

To: "'bstinocher@unipres.com'" <bstinocher@unipres.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Paint, Upholstery
From: "Westerdale, Bob" <bwesterdale@edax.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 18:52:51 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Don't count on the paint to hide anything.  If you can see the dings now, a
fresh coat of paint will make them look like the Himalayas.
Silver/white/yellow etc. will minimize the dissapointment,  while black,
red, dark colors in general will make you disavow ownership ( Nope- ain't my
car!).  The hardest thing about painting a car is the final sanding, prior
to the start of finish coating. Do yourself a favor and put the extra time
in now, before the paint goes on.
The final prep sanding and judicious use of scratch filler ( eg. Nitro-Stan
#9001) makes all the difference!  Good luck
B. Westerdale