Re: TR6 window crank and door opener removal help

To: RaceF1@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 window crank and door opener removal help
From: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 03:49:29 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Brian,

        Don't feel stupid. Maybe Frustraded. Those door handles are sometimes
        very difficult to remove. If the orginal equipment is used, there's
        a tapered pin holding the handle on the window frame gear. That means
        it can only come out in one direction. Pushing this pin in the wrong
        direction can only jam it further. Yes, been there, done that.
        Sometines, they are replaced with a cotter pin. so you got to
        straighten out the pin. In either case, the clearance is so small
        between the handle and the panel, you need a halogen lamp with
        a magigying glass to see what's there. But, if you're replacing
        the panels, what's wrong with just cutting around the panel and
        ripping the old one out? I'd recommend to replace them with some
        original taperred pins. Just get a long, thin needle-nose pliers,
        and lots of patience!

        Jeff N.
        '72 TR6
        Cherry Hill, NJ