TR6 used to have OD!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 used to have OD!
From: Steve Skolnik <sskolnik@excite.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 19:14:10 -0800 (PST)
Believe I have finally figured out why my '75 TR6 has the OD switch and why
the speedometer reads so high.  The commission number has the requisite 'O'
suffix, and I found an old repair receipt from the DPO that says in part
'check overdrive not working' -- could it be that the repair shop stole her
OD tranny and swapped it for a standard one?  I find no shop ticket or other
paper indicating a tranny rebuild, purchase, or anything of the sort.  The
tranny (which works fine, by the way) is painted blue -- does this make it a
rebuilt?

Is there a way to change the speedo gear or otherwise change the speedometer
calibration?

Steve Skolnik
Greenbelt, MD

Visit http://freeworld.excite.com