Re: Survey of H.T.Leads in use by listers

To: GuyotLeonF@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net (FOT)
Subject: Re: Survey of H.T.Leads in use by listers
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 10:59:50 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
At 02:27 PM 1/18/00 -0500, GuyotLeonF@aol.com wrote:

>Friends, Romans & Listers,
>
>In my contining quest to find and fit all the best parts to my Triumph, and
>to help you all do the same...
>
>I am now reviewing the question of "What are the best High Tension Leads?"

I'm using Magnecor 8.5mm leads. I've got a Pertronix Ignitor under my TR6
distributor cap which triggers an MSD 6 through a Lucas Sport coil. I
usually run a gap of .040. The Magnecor wires are extremely high quality,
and I am quite pleased with their customer service (the carb leads were too
short for a PI car- they called their office in the UK, got  the correct
measurements, and replaced my set pronto).

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com