re: TR3 glove box lock

To: <bbrewer@lightspeed.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: TR3 glove box lock
From: "Roy" <techman@metrolink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 23:55:16 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Bill,
I think the plate/bar on your lock (the piece that is inside the box when
locked and rotates 90 degrees when you turn the lock) might be set wrong ---
off by 90 degrees. What I recall from my 59 TR3 was that the key comes out
when the box is locked (and the tab inside is vertical) and the key doesn't
come out when the box is unlocked and the tab has been rotated 90 degrees
with the key in the lock. This was to prevent you from "leaving the key in
the lock". You can reset the plate by removing the screw that holds on the
plate and resetting the plate to the proper setting (you can pick from 4
settings 90 degrees apart since the plate fits around a square "peg" if I
remember correctly).

Hope this helps.

Roy
'60 TR3a TS63103LO (in restoration)