re: TR3 engine cart

To: <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: TR3 engine cart
From: "Roy" <techman@metrolink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 23:25:22 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Dan,
I recently pulled my engine and trans from my '60 TR3a TS63103LO. When I
took it to a shipper to send it out for rebuild, they weighed it (with a
wood pallet) and it was 650 lb. You should be fine with the 4 casters rated
for 175 lb each. I figure the pallet probably weighed 50 lb to 100 lb or so.
I'd recommend you not rest it on the oil pan (probably would be OK) because
of risk of deforming the pan-to-engine lip seating area and why take the
risk of denting the pan? Just make your cart to support your engine and
trans where the engine and tran mounts are.

Roy
'60 TR3a TS63103LO (in restoration)
techman@metrolink.net