OD Speedo calibrations option

To: "randallyoung@earthlink.net" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: OD Speedo calibrations option
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 20:06:43 -0500
Message text written by Randall
>I can verify that the speedo head was, in fact, different for the 4.10
>rear end, because I have an apparently original speedo with a 1325
>calibration in my car (unfortunately, I don't seem to have the 4.10 rear
>end to go with it).

Yeeha!  Finally I find one!  Wanna sell it!  I can exchange for one proper for
the
car.  I can even switch just the guts and you keep the case, face, bezel, glass.

Actually, even 1325 is no longer quite right for my car.  I need something like
1344,
but I will need something else again when I take off the hardened 185/70 and
install
195/65.  Nevertheless, my offer still stands.

Due to the rarity of the 4.1 calibrated speedo (1275/1280 and 1312/1325), I'd
say that there
were darn few factory-equipped 4.1 differenitials.

-Tony