Re: 76 Answer to TR6 Wiring Question + additional question

To: Tom Di Iulio <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: 76 Answer to TR6 Wiring Question + additional question
From: Rudy Douma <rdouma@westower.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 13:43:50 -0800

Tom Di Iulio wrote:

> Dear Listers,
>     i need help from an owner of a 76 with correct wiring to the hazard
> relay and overdrive relay mounted on the drivers side fender wall. i have a
> new trf harness but the wire colors do not correspond with bentley's advice
> at section 86.55.02 on wiring.  the new wire colors/stripes i have to place
> are: purple/blk stripe, purple/yellow stripe, purple only, purple/grey
> stripe, green/wht stripe,
> wht/org stripe, and 2 with solid black wires hooked together in tandem.
>     of course the old wires are long gone so i couldn't use them for
> guidance.  pls advise colors that attach to the following:
>
> hazard relay (bottom one)
> W1, W2, C1, C2, C4
> overdrive relay (top one)
> W1, W2, C1, C2
>     i need main and stripe color please. thanks for your help.
> Tom Di Iulio
> 1976 TR6 (chipped new paint again yesterday!)
> Denver, Co

Tom,

The wiring of my 76 TR is as follows:

Top relay - W1 purple\blk stripe
                  W2 purple from harness with jumper to C2
                  C1 purple\yel stripe
                  C2 purple jumper to W1

Bottom relay - W1 white\orange stripe
                       W2 black from harness with jumper to C4
                       C1 purple\grey stripe
                       C2 green\white stripe
                       C4 black from harness with jumper to W2

Note: I have a black\blue stripe from harness which is not connected. Any ideas
of it's purpose?

Rudy Douma
Langley, B.C. Canada
76 Tr6 CF57661