Re:GT6 Rotoflex Shock mounts

To: spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re:GT6 Rotoflex Shock mounts
From: "john matthews" <john__matthews@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 00:15:53 PST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 09:56:37 -0700
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: GT6 Rotoflex Shock mounts

In studying the way the Shocks are mounted on GT6's with Rotoflex
suspension, I have determined that it is beneficial to fabricate a
bracket that spans both rear body supports on the GT6 frame.  It will
then extend outward 3 inches and up an inch and a half from the surface
of the existing support.
--snip--

Hi Joe,

Although it's not a rotoflex car what you propose sounds like the setup we
have on my partners race car. We actually use a piece of u-channel steel for
the upper shock mounts. Of course, just about everything else on the
suspension is modified too as this is a full SCCA GT-3 car. The only advice
I can give you is before you spend too much time and money fabricating this
part make sure the wheels and tires you plan to use will clear the shocks.
Otherwise, changing the suspension geometry as you suggest is probally a
good idea, and the extra stiffness should be noticeable on fast corners.

Cheers,

John Matthews