Lucas switch

To: <CSWorley@aol.com>
Subject: Lucas switch
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 21:48:10 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Craig Worley wrote:

    This is not really a TR question, but... I came across a NOS Lucas turn
switch that I can't figure out what it fits. Part number is 34361,
manufactured in 1965. I have Lucas' 1965-77 guide and it's not in there.
Anyone who can help, please let me know.

Craig - two options spring to mind. If it's a simple three position toggle
switch with a
chromed nut and spring washer to fit in a hole about 3/8ths diameter, it sounds
like the
direction indicator switch off an early Sprite or Midget. These were central
dash mounted
and not self-cancelling.
The other switch made by old Joe was a time switch that had a tab about 2
inches long and
two 'stop' pins on either side. Think it gave about 10-15 seconds of operation
before
cancelling and was mostly fitted to London taxis. I expect it had applications
in other
vehicles, most likely commercials.

Jonmac