Re: I need a clue.

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: I need a clue.
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 23:20:58 -0500
Tim Hickey wrote:

> I am still working on my 1973 TR-6 and have a couple of questions.
> 1. Does the fuzzy door weather strip follow the opening all around from the
> little silver finisher to the top of the windscreen? Or does it stop at the
> top of the door near the instrument panel?
>
> 2. The soft top cover has a "pocket" about 6 inches deep back near the
> snaps that hold the cover to the car near the gas filler. Inside that
> pocket there is another flap that is held by some black plastic snaps. What
> is that all about? I am unable to figure it out by myself.
>
> Tips welcomed.
>
> Thanks
> Tim Hickey
> Keokuk, Iowa.

Hi Tim,

Yes, the fuzzy goes all the way to the top of the windscreen.  Cut the
weatherstrip
about a half inch too long, then cut only the fuzzy edge portion off to the
exact
length.  Fold the remaining rubber 'bulb' over and seal with a little
weatherstrip
adhesive to prevent water from running inside.  Now snap the final bit of the
fuzzy on
the windscreen frame and tuck the sealed rubber bulb up under the chrome
capping on
top of the windscreen.  There is also a short (18") section of foam rubber bulb
that
gets glued alongside the fuzzy weatherstrip that goes down the A-pillar and
curves out
around the outside of the door switches.

The hood cover you describe was meant to be used with both hardtop and soft-top,
that's why there's the extra pocket.  You can use it as is, but IMHO I think
just the
plain cover looks much nicer on the car.

Good luck!

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                         Check out Power British
   1242 E. Ridge Pike                            on the 'net!
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
    (610) 270-0505                http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars