Re: $21,500 TR6 at auction /with TR2

To: Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: $21,500 TR6 at auction /with TR2
From: "T. R. Householder" <trhouse@greenapple.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 10:07:24 -0500
Cc: Beth & Ken <bethken@erols.com>, Lawrence G Miceli <lgmtr6@juno.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
I can understand the you just wanted it thing. I was hung up in the this
(needs to be mine senario) when buying the Harrah's museum car.(TR2 with
7,000 original miles on it.) Now It's mine... No regrets. It ended up in
the Triumph World and not some oil Barrons garage.
    The tulip bulb frenzy in Holland (centuries ago thing) came out in
the magazine articles covering the auction .This related to buy it at
any cost (limited supply-big demand thing.).. Then the demand thing dies
and the bottom falls out ..Now what do these people do????
    Well I drove the car over to the winter storage place a month or so
ago. 1954 Dunlap Gold Seals--(WHATTA RIDE)---- worth every nickel. And
don't forget  I only paid $500.00 more for it than the last bidder.

T.R.