RE: fuel sending unit fix

To: TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: fuel sending unit fix
From: Tim Gaines <mtgaines@cs1.presby.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 16:11:21 -0500
>Now let's hope that when the gas goes down, so does the needle.
>
>Actually, don't see any reason it wouldn't but couldn't "resist"
>Nice going and thanks for a new tip.
>
>Carl

Yeah, that worried me too.  Before putting the sender back into the
tank, I moved the float arm through its full travel while connected
up to the leads.  The guage responded correctly.  I should warn
folks that while doing this (necessarily next to the tank opening) I
had the other sending unit in the tank and sealed in so that no fumes
would be escaping.  So far I've driven only about 15 miles, but I
am PRETTY sure that the guage has gone down a little!

Tim