Re: TR3 Radiator Shroud

To: Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com
Subject: Re: TR3 Radiator Shroud
From: erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 11:15:31 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Mmdf-warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at mail.virginia.edu

The TR-3's, all except the small mouth, require the shroud that connects
the radiator to the grill area.  Without it, they have a great tendancy to
overheat!  This is not a characteristic of the TR's alone, but most cars
come with such a shroud.  I accidentally left the shroud out of my Bimmer
when replacing the waterpump, and said "To Hell with it!"  and lived to
regret it!  It never really overheated, but didn't stop until it hit the
redline, and the auxillary fans came on, but still remained at the
redline.  To say the least, I promptly replaced the shround, and that
ended the problem!

Cheers

James A. Ruffner