Questions about GT6+ for sale

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Questions about GT6+ for sale
From: "Adam Holland/Carol Feeney" <feenster@massed.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 18:18:31 -0500
Hello to the group,
This is my first day, so please excuse any inadvertent gaffes.  I've been
referred to your group as a useful place to get more information about, and
hopefully sell my Triumph.
        I bought the car, a 1970 GT6+, in 1990, for $3000.  It was my hope that
would get into it, learn about repairing it, etc.  However, my life took
some different paths, and the car has been on blocks in the garage since
then.  My mother is selling the house, and so the issue of what will become
of the car has become more pertinent.  It's clear to me that I am not going
to do anything with it, and so I would like to sell it to someone who can
appreciate it.
        My essential problem is this.  I don't know very much about the car's
provenance, its desirability, or Triumphs in general for that matter, and
so am unsure of how to go about selling it, to whom, and for how much.
I would be appreciative of any help you all can give me, and of course,
eager to hear from any interested in purchasing it.

Basic facts are the following:
1970 GT6+  (straight six)
Pale yellow
Medium mileage (exact mileage unknown but could be learned pretty easily)
Hardtop
4-speed stick, overdrive on steering column
engine runs very well
unknown electrical fault (prob. voltage regulator) which prevents battery
from recharging
Previous owner(s) replaced original wheels with "performance" wheels, and
installed single piece wood dash
Still have original dash
comes with original owners manual and also shop manual
some rust on undercarriage, none on body.
Rear tail light covers missing

condition of brakes, shocks, etc. unknown  (worked well in 1990, when car
last was driven)

thank you for any help,
Adam Holland