TR6 Front suspension

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Front suspension
From: Steven Hammer <hammers@pa.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 09:41:20 -0500
The time is here, and I will be redoing the front suspension on the TR6
this winter.  I would have done this lsast winter but replaced the head
gasket instead, thanks to al who advised on how to  get the stuck head
off, the rope worked very well.
My question at this time is what type of bushings to use.  I would like
to think I'll Auto cross the car occasionally, but mostly I only drive
on very rough roads, live in Pa.  Are the various "plastic" bushes
really much better than the rubber?  Who has the best, i.e. price,
availability, quality??? Suggest away.
I'll also be replacing the shocks any suggestions on brand and sources?
Finally, I have considered putting stainless steal brake lines on, just
as an early millenium gift to the car. Thoughts on this?
Thanks,
Steve Hammer