spit/gt6 limited slip diff

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: spit/gt6 limited slip diff
From: "Terry & Cindy O'Beirne" <esp@hypermax.net.au>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 17:22:34 +1000
I've been chasing a salisbury ( plate type )limited slip diff or detroit
locker for our race GT6 for some time with no luck. If anyone can help,
even with a damaged unit, please let me know.

On the basis I cant get a new one at a sensible price (600 UK pounds is
not sensible because this equates to roughly A$1,800 once landed, duty
paid etc), I'm looking to have a unit made here (in Australia). A small
mazda centre may be Ok as the basis , but alternatively we'll start from
scratch as we have done in the past. I'm open to any and all suggestions
for a donor, but it must fit inside an original housing to keep the race
car "legal" in its class

If anyone is interested, please let me know. Obviously it will have to
be much cheaper than an ex UK one to be a worthwhile proposition, but
like all such projects the final cost is determined somewhat by the
quantity.

Terry O'Beirne
TR5, 2500 racer, GT6 racer, 2.5PI estate etc etc
  You neeed ESP!