Re: MASTER CYLINDER (fwd)

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, Penny Rettenmaier <rettenmaierk@pdq.net>
Subject: Re: MASTER CYLINDER (fwd)
From: Don Kerr <dkveuro@pop.flash.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 20:16:39 -0600
Cc: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Vintage Triumph Register general list <vtr@autox.team.net>
Penny, if you push VERY gently on the pedal, does it slowly sink?
   Are the bubbles the same every stroke return ?
   Does the 'click' happen if you have the hand brake applied? (Could be
wear in push/rod, or rear mechanism)
   The DOT 4 should have no bearing on your problem.
   Did you adjust all the slack out of the rear brakes?(Untill they
drag)
   Is the 'click' from the pedal arm/master cylinder or rear brakes?
   Do you have too much play in the front wheel bearings?
   First off, it appears to be the master/cylinder, but check all the
above first.