TRF (Hopefully end of comments)

To: <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: TRF (Hopefully end of comments)
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 09:55:18 -0500
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Right on, Fred, I'm with you.  Up to now I've kept my mouth (and keyboard)
quiet about this perennial subject, but have been getting pretty angry as
I've read some of the rantings on this list.

Look folks, we NEED suppliers for our cars.  Your comments could become a
self-fulfilling prophesy, and if TRF goes under, it's your loss too.  We
simply don't have all that many sources of parts that we can tell one of the
primary companies where to go.  Who are you really hurting in a long run,
TRF or this hobby?

After many years of watching small entrepreneurships like TRF, I can tell
you that what may happen here is definitely not good for our hobby.  The
banks that the company is in debt to could force the founder to put a
bean-counter (sorry, any accountants on the list) in charge.  The founder
takes a minor role, and is eventually forced out.  Yes, it's good for
business practices, but very bad for us.  The new president has no feeling
for our cars, just for inventory turns and the bottom line.  I've seen it
happen over and over again, and believe me, WE will suffer for it when
prices goes up, and quality and inventory goes way down.

I've always been treated very fairly by TRF, even to the point of poor
business practice on their part just to keep me happy once or twice.  You're
only hurting yourself.  Let's knock it off.

Sumner Weisman
62 TR3B