Re: TR3 Help

To: vafred@erols.com
Subject: Re: TR3 Help
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 08:41:37 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 1/1/00 5:48:47 AM Eastern Standard Time, vafred@erols.com
writes:

<< The short tube on the control going into the stator also holds the head in
 place for the cancellation of the turn signals, when the end breaks-off,
 which is often the head will just spin 360 degrees. Yes I know the signal
 switch has to be in the indentation on the bottom of the wheel, but, when
 the head spins, the signals will not cancel.  "FT" >>

Hi Fred & List,

Forget the turn signals, if your c-head is spinning it'll rip the wires out!
Also I got curious yesterday and measured the length of an early TR3 and an
early TR6 trans housing. The TR3 was 15-5/8" and the TR6 was 15-15/16" or
5/16" longer than the TR3. Not very much. This is probably within the
tolerance of the distance between the front & rear eng/tranny mounts. I don't
see why a later g-box in an earlier car would require any modifications to
the mounts. I think if tight you should be able to loosen the mounts, fit the
thing and then tighten everything back up. Of course YMMV...
Lastly - Happy New Year/Century/Millenium/Aeon/Epoch to all the Triumph List!

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4