Re: TR 4 Rear wobble

To: VANDECARR@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR 4 Rear wobble
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 19:46:49 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/31/99 8:10:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
VANDECARR@aol.com writes:

<< My son’s TR 4 has a wobble in the rear when you accelerate or decelerate.
It
 seems to happen mostly in fourth gear when you are going faster.  We have
 replaced all the bushings, replaced one weak spring shackle and made sure
 everything is tight.  Any ideas?  The condition of the shocks is
questionable
 and it does have wire wheels.

 Any help would be appreciated. >>

My 64 TR4 had similar symptoms for years. Everyone thought it was in the rear
end. The rear would shift a bit and the steering track would change a bit
when you put on/left off the gas. Really seemed to be in the rear, but I
could never find anything loose or even suspicious.
Turned out to be all in the front end. Replaced suspension bushings and the
problem went away. Good luck.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B