TR6 Distributor

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Distributor
From: Rob C Swift <RobSwift@PetCentre.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 11:51:19 -0400
Hello All,

        I replaced the cap, rotor button, and wires on my '75 TR6 this weekend.
 Afterwards my car idled noticeably better, and ran much better overall.
 After touring around most of the afternoon, (about 20 miles) I decided to
look under the cap and found quite a bit of metallic dust.  I had suspected
that the rotor was striking the contacts with my old cap, and I am now sure
of it.

        The two questions I have are:

        1: Much to my dismay, after re-installing the new cap, my car was back
running poorly.  Any ideas why?
        2: I know that the real solution is to have my distributor rebuilt, but
can I temporarily ease the problem by either filing down the rotor, or the
contacts that it is hitting?  Are there any drawbacks to doing this?

Thanks for the help

Rob Swift
Manassas, VA

P.S.  In case it is pertinent, I am also using the Crane Cams (Allison?)
electronic ignition conversion.  (The gold one)