My GT6 is still running hot...help!!!

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: My GT6 is still running hot...help!!!
From: "Beth and Ken" <BethKen@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 18:14:01 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Alright...the temperature compensators are rebuilt and the bypass valves are
blocked (a solid piece of gasket material behind them) while I await a
rebuild kit. Timing and dwell seem fine. She is running better, but is still
overheating. Revs don't climb near as high now when she overheats. So, I ran
a compression check. Here's what I got, respectively from #1-#6:

160,135,135,155,160,165

I thought maybe I had a head gasket problem because of the lower pressure in
nos. 2 & 3, but when I squirted some oil into those two, they went up
considerably.

When I jacked up the rear to spin the wheel (was learning what my final
drive ratio was) I noticed that the left rear wheel (the only one I checked)
was binding quite a bit at one point in its rotation. Can that be the reason
I'm overheating?

ken shapiro
baltimore
1970 GT6+  KC81872L