My mechanic's TR 6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: My mechanic's TR 6
From: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 15:20:22 -0400
Well, I am starting to refer to my TR 6 as "my MECHANIC'S" TR 6.
Seems like only a month ago I wanted to replace my water pump and hook
up an electric fan.  Since then the pump did get installed and the fan
hooked up.  You all know the starter not starting story.
        Sooo, finally the "mechanic" got a replacement starter after a week of
BS.  Monday that was, but the  6 or 8 "mechanics" couldn't muster the
energy to push my 2400 lb. car into the shop.  Then Tuesday the
"mechanic" was on vacation - a court appearance, I think for DUI.
Anyway, by Friday he had replaced starter.  I called in the AM and was
told that TR was starting - one out of five tries and they were sending
the starter back and the "mechanic" didn't like me or my car anymore.
He also hated my old '82 Subaru and I threatened to get another, or
maybe a Ford truck.
        Well, there is a hurricane threatening before Monday and I'm using too
much Prozac so I have other things to concern myself with but:  Why
would my TR start only "one out of five" times?
JS