Laygear for GT6, revisited.

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Laygear for GT6, revisited.
From: "Heglund, Davis (MN17)" <dheglund@SGP.Honeywell.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 14:56:02 -0500
Just wanted to thank all the respondents to my plea for a replacement
laygear.  Did get one (thanks, John).  It generated some interesting
discussion about the difference between early and later model GT6 trannys.
It appears that the only real difference in the gear is needle bearing vs
bushing.  The early model had 1 needle bearing and one brass bushing.  Later
ones seem to have both needle bearings.  Some of the parts catalogs are
confusing on this. (confused? So what else is new)
   Dave H.   '69 GT6  "The Mistress"  R.I.P.  (resting in pieces)