Vernier Adjustor - Recap!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Vernier Adjustor - Recap!
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 09:03:45 EDT
Hello All,

After the many responses (thanks to all respondees) to my question: How many
degrees does each click or turning-of-the-vernier-knob represent...I decided
to do a quick experiment and the results are: One Degree per Click.

IMHO, this is really a great way to fine tune your timing for us "points
people".  You can set the timing (with a light) to factory specs then, if you
have a ping, "click your way" towards retard one click at a time until the
ping disappears or vice-versa....set the timing slightly retarded and "click
away" until you hear the faintest of borderline pinging.

All that said, I'm sure I increased my HP from 75 to 75 1/2...ha, ha,
ha....but I feel better

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (Being Reborn For Y2K)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (Fun Driver)