Re: Spit Oil Pan Question

To: Chip19474@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spit Oil Pan Question
From: Cwn74@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 19:00:35 EDT
In a message dated 8/25/1999 10:09:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Chip19474@aol.com writes:

>  There is a short pause in oil pressure build up when I start the Spit
after
>  it sets for a few days.  Some slight bearing noise but all is well after
>  about 2 seconds and oil pressure stays good throughout all temps (10W-40 -
>  with 20W-50 it's more like 3 to 4 seconds).
I'd say it's normal.
The pump pickup is in the area directly under the distributor, is that where
the pan's bent?
The knock may not be normal, but oil pressure will never be intstantanious.

I use 10-40, and recently put in a new pump with the angled intake (1500
later version) in my Mk3 1300 engine.

I still say there's little or no value to the anti drainback feature in the
filter after a few days of sitting.  To test this theory, unscrew your filter
after the car sits a few days and see how much oil comes out.

Clark