RE: [personals] HHE seeks pair SUC

To: "'Donald H. Locker '" <dhl@mrdog.msl.com>
Subject: RE: [personals] HHE seeks pair SUC
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:46:50 +0100charset="windows-1252"
Cc: "'Triumphs List '" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
 well, they first were H2's and then HS2's. The difference is not great, I
have a pair of HS's that have slightly older float chamber lids, one of the
differences. The H2's might have used brass caps instead of plastic caps but
afaik these are nla though one could probably turn them easily if required.
As to MM's, the early ones may well have had H2's but the late ones, the
1100's definitely had HS's. I am pretty sure the Minis only had HS's though
I can't again vouch for the early ones. MGA's had H's but the were H4's. No
clue if a set of HS's from a 1500 Spit would fit, the a series manifold on
mine definitely wouldn't fit. Of course you could go for the carbs alone and
make up a manifold from tubing, probably even better flowing than a factory
cast one.

Cheers, Gernot