Re: Suspension Question

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Suspension Question
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 13:06:33 -0700
Fergie wrote:

> I'm puzzled about the way my car is handling (or not!)...  It's a TR3A...

> Whenever I hit any kind of rough or irregular
> pavement, either driving around town or at highway speeds, the car
> bounces all over the road. Kind of a side to side bounce....

As Randall said -- somethings loose or broken back there... if it is doing
this when you're driving straight down the road -- but also know that you
will get a sideways bounce on a rough turn even when the suspension is
correct.  Back in the '60's I'd heard it called "The Triumph Trot".  In the
town where I live they like to pave the pedestrian crosswalks with a cobbly
kind of brick -- hitting these in the middle of a turn can send the rear end
into a bouncy fishtail though noting dahgerous if you're expecting it.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A