TR3 Electrical Mystery

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Electrical Mystery
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 16:09:12 -0700
Quite often when I push the starter button on my TR nothing happens (not
even a solenoid click)... but I've found that if I just tap the brake
(lights) one time it will crank and start just fine.  Once when this
didn't work I turned the headlights on & off and that did the trick.

The battery seems to be at full charge and is only 2 years old.  No
other electrical problems & everything appears to operate normally.

By flashing the lights am I just "stirring things up"?  Or is this an
early manifestation of a more serious problem?  (Or maybe the electicity
is leaking onto the floor and "lights on" is needed to fill the wires up
again ;^).   TIA

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A