RE: The state of the list

To: "TR-Frye, Henry" <thefryes@iconn.net>, "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: The state of the list
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 08:41:55 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
>This list was created to be a forum of discussion about Triumph cars.
Repairing, maintaining, parts sources, car shows, etc. An occasional LBC
related joke, but that was it.

BRAVO Henry!

I VERY STRONGLY second Henry's thoughts.  I have recently contemplated
dropping off the list because of the huge amounts of non-Triumph or
chit-chat we are required to wade through every day.

How about getting back to being a forum specifically about the cars, guys
and gals?

I have maintained contact with some of the more knowledgeable listers who
have left the list.  They left because of the mountain of non-related posts
created.  Let's not lose more of the expertise that made this list the best
of the Team.net lists.  Let's clean up our act.

The fact that Randall could find a post where Henry may have posted with
some non-Triumph stuff is no big deal.  He's been a lister for 4.5 years.  I
know I have sent some crap too; we all have.  The bottom line is the Bios
thread has pushed a lot of people over the line.  I am tired of wading
through the mountains of crap to get to the few morsels of good Triumph
information.  Let's bring the list back to what it was created to be, a
forum about the cars and how to keep them on the road, restore them or make
them better.

Thanks,

Jack Brooks
1960 TR3A