Bio and wanting to help

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bio and wanting to help
From: "Roger Colson" <sassamon@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 20:50:06 -0400

Hello,  Another introduction.

    My name is Roger Colson.  I am 42 years old.  My college
training is in Chemistry.  But during my college years the low priced
home computer (TRS-80) came out.  I bought one the first week
they were available.  I then did more work in electronics than
chemistry and have had electronics jobs since graduating.  I took
about 5 years off to run my own business.  Now I am working for a
company developing digital cameras (sorry no free samples :-( )

   I have joined this list and two others to learn more about Triumphs
(and Alpines and Tigers).  My first car was a SAAB 96 two stroke
which I took the transmission from and installed in my Father's car
which then became mine.  My last SAAB was a 68 96 which I drove
until the firewall separated from the floor.  My next cars have been a
VW Rabbit, a Ford Escort, a Peugeot 405, and a Nissan Stanza.  I
have not done more than fluid changes on these vehicles myself. No
garage.  Much easier to have someone else do it.  The two strokes
had only seven moving parts in the engine!

   Why would I want an English car?  My father was an anglophile
and it has rubbed off on me.  When I was born the family car was a
blue Hillman.  Then a green Austin.  The cars kept changing.  In the
mid to late '60s it was SAABs.  Then a Volvo.  Just as I was
becoming peer conscious my father got an Austin America.  With
automatic transmission!  Being dropped off at school was a
nightmare!

    Not normally being car conscious it would take a very different
car for me to notice it.  Watching British television programs such
as the Avengers, and The Prisoner, the unique styling of the Bentley
or the Seven would start my imagination going.  I have been wanting
a car styled like the MGT, but having seen them in person I would
opt for a Morgan first.

    In June I attended my first LBC show.  Sponsored by BCNH.

http://www.gsd-co.com/bcnh/High-Hopes.htm

There I was able to look at many LBCs and what caught my eye was
a small mouth TR3.  The styling is a mixture of old curvy, headlights
separate from the front grille, cut down doors,  in short a roadster
with aerodynamic looking curves!

    Now that I am in the position where I can plan to spend more on
my toys, I have started research to determine which car my toy will
be.

    The lists that I have subscribed to are providing me with a great
education.  I know that I need a more hands on education
especially in 4 cycle rear wheel drive cars.  I will repeat a previous
offer.

     Would one of the list members wish to have an unpaid assistant
help with their project this winter?   Whether working on an engine
rebuild or body work I can be an extra pair of eyes/ hands.

 My background is electronics and manufacturing.

     Weekends are best as I am still employed.

    I live in Natick, Mass.  and am willing to travel a distance of about
1 1/2 hours.

   Please contact me directly at:

sassamon@mediaone.net

(508) 655-2134