GT6+ Bodywork Question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6+ Bodywork Question
From: "Beth and Ken" <BethKen@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 13:43:56 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I'm removing the rust where my rear valance meets the upper bodywork ...you
know...right above where the center light assembly mounts. Anyway, there's
rust along the entire length. In the seem where the two body parts meet, I'm
digging out what seems to be either old Bondo, or factory seam sealer. I'm
assuming it's the prior and that the factory didn't use any sealer on this
exterior joint. Am I right? Was there a weld seam here at one time? Now that
I've gotten out the rust and "light blue stuff", I have a seam that's about
1/32 inch deep.

Thanks in advance,
ken shapiro (baltimore)

1970 GT6+ KC81872L