Bio ("Wayne Whippo")

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Bio ("Wayne Whippo")
From: Wayne Whippo <WayneWhippo@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 21:28:32 -0400
I've been enjoying the list since December of last year.

I am 44 years old and have been married for 17 years to my lovely wife
Mary.
We have two kids, Warren who is 15 and Julia 13. We moved to Boulder
Colorado
four years ago from Houston Texas.

After working for Arthur Andersen in Houston for 5 years, I became an
independent business system consultant. I've been doing that for the
past 12 years. Currently I specialize in the design and programming
of business database systems using PowerBuilder.

While shopping for my first car one Friday evening in Indianapolis Indiana,

I found a TR250 at a local car lot that had one wheel up on a jack stand.
The dealer said he was having a wheel bearing replaced and to come back
the next morning. I went back on Saturday morning with my Father.
You guessed it, the car was sold out from under me. I'll never forget it.

So I ended up, in 1972, with a tire eating 69 MG Midget with a bent frame.
After the head cracked the next year, it was sold so that I could attend
Purdue and get an electrical engineering degree.

After visiting my wife's sister and her husband last summer and riding in
his
MGB, I remembered the thrill of the LBC. So when we got home, as fate would

have it, I finally got the chance to own a 6 cylinder TR and found my 1972
TR6. The overdrive is really nice.

Hobbies/Activities other than LBCs include hiking, fishing and fly-tying.

Other cars have included:
1974 Vega (rust bucket with bad engine),
1973 Capri (excellent V-6 West German Ford),
1985 Plymouth Volare (without rich Corethian Leather seats),
1990 Jeep Scrambler (with whimpy 4 cyl),
1989 BMW 535is (very nice but not a convertable)
and currently
1967 911 Porsche (restoring for the past 18 years, only missing the
interior),
1990 4 Wheel drive Mazda MPV minivan (wife's for the Colorado winters),
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee (daily driver),
1995 30' Southwind motorhome (cannot wait to retire).

Too bad I didn't know about the VTR in Boulder a couple of years ago. But,
I can hardly wait for the Colorado English Motoring Conclave September 18th

and 19th in Arvada Colorado. It sure was fun last year seeing all of the
different British marques.

Wayne Whippo (Digest mode)