More SU questions

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: More SU questions
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 13:54:37 -0700 (PDT)
Just thought of a few more options:

Some early Datsun Z cars use a Hitchi-made SU copy.  Anyone know *which*
model was copied?  H6 or HS6?  (Or HIF?)  I could probably snag a set of
those from the wrecker and pop them on my car as temporary fix while the
real SUs get rebuilt.

How close are the Hitachi copies?  Did they change the fittings to metric,
or are they same-mold-different-name?

I also seem to remember that some models of Volvo use an SU carb (I know
that the 240 series uses ZS CD175s, among other things... and SU HIF6); we
have a Volvo dealer 'round here, is there any model of Volvo that uses H6
carbs?

TIA,
-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm